I am a web designer, graphic designer and photographer based in the California Bay Area. I am passionate about creating unique, elegant and eye-catching print and web projects. I consider myself a very good all-rounder and problem solver.
Los Medanos College Senior Web Administrator - 2002 - present
- Hired originally as a freelancer in the late 90's designing and producing direct mail pieces and the printed schedule of class listings. Later in 2002 I was hired in the marketing department as a full time web administrator and won the Northern California Pro award for the best web site re-design among the California Community Colleges and again in 2003 - 2008 for various marketing material. Then in 2012 a gold medallion from CCPro for best official college web design.
- For several years I continued to design the class schedule, catalog of classes as well as other marketing materials such as bus signs, T-shirts, departmental logos and the photography of special events and student success stories.
- Currently I maintain web design and production under direction from marketing, Online catalog and schedule of classes as well as a number of other marketing materials.
- I photograph miscellaneous events, portraits and lifestyle photography used in marketing materials
- I support faculty and staff in managing their content and maintain the college's social media outlets through Facebook, twitter and various RSS feeds and blogs.
- I work with our graphic design intern giving assignments and overseeing their work and providing feedback and direction.
County Health Services Media Designer - 1999 - 2002
- I Provided consultation and technical assistance to Contra Costa Health Services with regard to graphics development for the Community Education and Information and outreach.
- Work included technical assistance in the production of publicly distributed materials, media advocacy, information dissemination, and community education and outreach.
- Construction and maintenance of numerous different web sites were designed from the ground up a web for units within health services such as HAZMAT, Childhood Injury Prevention, Domestic Violence Prevention, Breast Cancer Awareness, Meals on Wheels, Smoking Cessation, Children and Families Coalition which later became First 5 and many others.
- I designed and formatted many annual reports for grant applications as well as many community informational flyers, brochures, booklets and information booths for health fairs.
Schurman Design Production Artist - 1997 - 1999
- Responsible for the development and rendering of artistic designs under the direction of Schurman Fine Papers management. Duties needed were heavy Photoshop skills, color correction, ability to create die lines and other complicated processes for production.
- Worked closely with many different art directors to facilitate designs for various different greeting cards. Work usually came in the form of a concept and my responsibility was to execute the idea from artist concept to the final file for production.
- Other duties included preparing art work for production overseas that required specific instructions for a particular line of "handmade" cards. This involved good communication skills and the ability to provide clear direction.
Clipper NewspapersArt Director - 1996 - 1997
Skills and Software level
- I was an art director In charge of ad design, editorial layout, photo correction, cover design and all details that went into the visual production of the Clipper newspaper.
- Other duties included the production of full color glossy guides to the Delta and the construction of their companion web site: www.californiadelta.com.
- I was in charge of local promotional pieces that advertised at local events to create customers.
Los Medanos CollegeFaculty and staff trainer - 2003 - present
- I conduct 2-hour workshops twice a year for faculty development in web content management and web accessibility training. All workshops are lecture and hands-on training.
- I frequently conduct 1-hour one-on-one training sessions with faculty and staff on how to use Adobe Contribute and Web 2.0 integration.
City of Antioch Leisure ServicesInstructor - 2011
- Instructed a 6-week hands-on classes in Photoshop CS5 fundamentals to students of all ages and computer skill levels.
Brentwood Parks and RecreationInstructor - 1996 - 2002
- Instructed beginning guitar classes to students from age 8 to seniors citizens with class sizes of 18 students or more.
Los Medanos College
Major: Graphic Communication (AS)
Minor: Journalism (Certificate)
Available on request
- Won awards repeatedly at journalism conferences for best informational graphic and photo story telling.